If you are not using your discord server anymore, it might be a good idea to delete it once and for all. In this complete guide, we will explain to you how to delete a Discord server. We are going to share with you all the commonly used methods for deleting a discord server that you can try out.
The process of deleting a Discord Server is quite simple. And the best part is, there are various ways you can delete it.
In this guide, we are going to share with you all the different methods that you can use to delete your discord server.
So, without further ado, let’s talk about the complete for how to delete a server on discord
What started off as a place for gamers to come together and connect from all over the world, is not an internet phenomenon in terms of online communication. We are talking about none other than Discord.
Discord is a popular social media apps that are famous for its group-chat features. Moreover, this app was meant to provide gamers a way to connect with one another and talk about the gaming trends and build different communities.
But now, people all over the world are using discord to connect with other people around the globe having similar interests. Moreover, in discord terms, a single community is referred to as a server.
How to Delete a Server on Discord?
Discord servers can be misused. There have been many complaints about strange traffic on various discord servers. If you don’t want that to happen to your server, you need to know how to delete a discord server.
Now, let’s talk about the processes that you can use to delete a discord server that you are no longer using.
Further, we are going to explore 2 different methods that you can use to delete a discord server. We are going to talk about how you can do it on your PC and using the discord mobile app.
Delete Discord Server Using Desktop
The process for deleting discord is quite simple for PCs. Here is how you can delete a discord server on your PC
- Go to your Discord from your PC.
- Click on the server that you want to delete.
- This will open up a list of options. Choose the Server Settings from there.
- After that, on the left side of the sidebar, you will see the option Delete the Server.
- Click on this option.
- A popup window will show up on the screen. This window is going to ask you for confirmation.
- So, now you need to add the server name and the authentication to begin the deletion process.
- If you have enabled two-factor authentication, you’d need to provide the code for that.
- Click on the Delete Server button.
Delete Discord Server Using the Mobile App
If you are wondering how to delete a discord server on your phone, then the below method is for you. The following guidelines are what you need to follow if you have the Discord app on your android or IOS smartphone.
Here is how you can delete the Discord server using a mobile app
- Run the Discord app on your Smartphone.
- Swipe to the left side of the smartphone screen to open the Sidebar.
- Choose the server that you want to delete by tapping on it.
- At the bottom of the display, you’d find the Setting option. Click on that.
- Choose the Overview option from there.
- After that, you need to look at the bottom of the page overview. You will find the Delete Server option there.
- The pop-up screen will show up, asking you for confirmation.
- After that, tap on Yes to start the deletion process
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled, you’d need to enter the code to proceed.
This is it! When you do that, this will delete the server from Discord. Further, the process is almost the same for android and IOS smartphones.
This ends our complete guide for How to Delete a Discord Server. Whether you are on a PC or an android or IOS smartphone, you can use the methods mentioned above to delete the Discord server on any of these devices.
Deleting the inactive discord server is good because you don’t want it to be misused in the future. So, use the above approaches to delete your inactive Discord servers easily. If you have more questions about deleting discord servers, get in touch with us for further assistance.
How Do I Delete a Server on Discord Smartphone App?
You need to choose a server, go to the settings, and choose the delete server option from there. When you do that, you’d need to provide details like the server name and an authentication password to proceed with the process.
How Do I Leave a Discord Server I Own?
You should never leave a discord server that you own but no longer use. We recommend deleting it to avoid any kind of issues such as strange traffic on the server. You can go over the processes for deleting the Discord Server that we have talked about in this article for further assistance for deleting a discord server.
Why Can’t I Delete a Discord Server?
There can be many reasons for that. The most probable reason would be some kind of bug in the app or version conflict between your phone and the app. It is better if you contact the support team and ask them for assistance. They will delete the server for you, based on the information that you provide them.
What Happens When a Discord Server is Deleted?
When you delete a discord server, none of the server members get notified of the deletion. The server simply gets removed from the app and you can’t find it in the server browser setting or the search. So, when a server is no longer available, that is when you know it is deleted.